Join the Israel Ride!
The Israel Ride provides riders with:
- double or triple occupancy accommodations each night
- three kosher meals a day
- water and snacks at rest stops on the route
- full ride support including lead riders, police and security, and medical personnel
- transportation of your luggage
- an Israel Ride jersey
- return travel to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem after the Ride
- education along the route from professional tour guides
Israel Ride Eligibility
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- FUNDRAISING: Commit to meeting the minimum fundraising requirements (see below).
- AGE: Riders must be at least 12 years old. Please note: this is a very strenuous physical undertaking – your child should be mentally and physically prepared. Riders under 18 years old must cycle and remain with parent or guardian at all times.
- HEALTH: Be in good health. If you have a pre-existing condition, such as a pacemaker, we may require a doctor’s note. If you have any doubts about your health, please see a doctor before you begin your training.
- INSURANCE: Participants must carry health insurance to join the Israel Ride, and are responsible for all personal medical costs incurred during the Israel Ride. Personal insurance may not cover all oversea expenses. We strongly recommend supplemental traveler’s insurance, including: Health/accident coverage, Medical evacuation, and Trip cancellation/interruption. (We suggest viewing travelinsurance.com.)
- Due to the nature of some hotels along the route, the Ride is not 100% ADA compliant. Questions? Contact us.
- COVID COMPLIANCE: At the time of the Ride, all riders must meet the current requirements for entry to Israel, including the necessary level of vaccination.
Registration fee does not count towards fundraising as it is not tax-deductible. All costs listed are in USD.
Please see below for additional fee and upgrade information.
|Oct 17, 2021 – Oct 31, 2021||$550|
|Nov 01, 2021 – Dec 31, 2021||$650|
|Jan 01, 2022 – Apr 30, 2022||$800|
|May 01, 2022 – Close||$995|
Additional Fees- Tentative Pricing
Other costs you are responsible for include:
- Bike Fees: Each rider must either rent a bike or cover the costs of transporting your personal bicycle within Israel:
- $110 to bring your own bike (covers transport and storage throughout Ride, including bike transport to/from the airport)
- Rentals: $300 Hybrid Bike; $380 Road Bike. All rental bikes are owned by the Israel Ride and are only used annually.
- NEW! Limited $525 E-Bike rental – requires advanced permission. Please email us.
- Phone: all participants must have a working cell phone with data in Israel. We use text messaging to communicate while on the road, and to reach you in an emergency. We have a rental discount for 019 Mobile here. Their SIM cards, cell phones, and MiFi devices are available for pick up in the Ben Gurion Airport upon your arrival.
- Tips for the ride crew who provide luggage transport and on-road support for the week ($100-$200 suggested)
- Incidental costs incurred during hotel stays, including internet and alcoholic beverages.
- Israel Ride merchandise (for purchase on the Ride and online) as well as any shopping purchases during the Ride
Single rooms are available for the full week or just Shabbat. (No singles at Ketura.)
- Rider Full Week Single Room: Pricing TBD. Please note: Upgrading to a full week single room increases a Rider’s fundraising commitment to $5,500.
- Chaverim Full Week Single Room: Pricing TBD.
- Shabbat Single Room: Pricing TBD. Please note: Shabbat single rooms are in limited availability and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Shabbat singles are typically in our secondary hotel, the Ramon Suites, which is a 10 min walk from the main hotel. It has a coffee shop, but meals are all together in the main hotel.
- Shabbat Guests: Pricing TBD. This fee is for Friday and Saturday nights. This fee is per guest who will share a double occupancy room with the host at our secondary hotel, the Ramon Suites. All guest overnights include: Friday night dinner, Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner, Shabbat services, and other activities.
- Shabbat at the Beresheet Hotel: Pricing TBD for single occupancy/ double occupancy, for Friday and Saturday nights. Breakfast & dinner included, not lunch. Please note: Beresheet Hotel rooms are in limited availability and are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Israel Ride is a fundraising event benefiting two innovative organizations: The Arava Institute for Environmental Studies and Hazon. Learn more about our beneficiaries here.
- Riders commit to a minimum fundraising level of their registration type, to be raised by Dec. 31 of the Ride year.
- The registration fee does not count towards fundraising as it is not tax-deductible. All costs listed are in USD.
- 🎁 View our fundraising incentives here! 🎁
|$3100||Under 35 riders / Israeli citizens primarily residing in Israel|
|$3700||Spouse of another rider / First timer to Israel|
Chaverim, for Non-Riders
Chaverim (Hebrew for “Friends”) is our all-inclusive touring package for non-cyclists – includes all overnights with riders, all meals, personal tour guide, entrance fees, and transportation from Eilat to the center of Israel. Chaverim must be at least 16 years old. Learn more.
Chaverim pay a registration fee and do not have a fundraising requirement:
- Oct 17, 2021 – Apr 30, 2022: $3000 Registration Fee
- May 1, 2022 onward: $3300 Registration Fee
For first time Riders in their 20s-30s.
Recipients of this scholarship can now register for the Israel Ride for $199 and receive up to $500 in rebates towards travel expenses upon receiving receipts following the Israel Ride. The fundraising requirement will be reduced to $3,000. Space is limited for this scholarship, which will be awarded on a rolling basis. Learn more!
For JCCs, synagogues, and other communities who can receive a mini-grant to bring a team.
The goal of these partnerships is to expand the reach of the Israel Ride, assist community organizations with staff and professional development, expand environmental and Israel related programs, and to share in the work supported by the Israel Ride. Community organizations, such as JCC’s or Synagogues, may apply for local partner status with the Israel Ride. Partnership applications will be evaluated on a first come, first served basis, and are welcome throughout the year. Learn more!
Rider Cancellation Policy
The registration fee is non-refundable. If a rider registers and is not able to join, then the registration fee will be used to defray the general expenses of the Ride.
Should the 2022 Israel Ride be postponed or cancelled due to COVID, riders will be eligible for a 100% refund of registration fee or full rollover of registration fee and fundraising to 2023.
Regardless of when you cancel your participation, donations are non-refundable but can be reassigned to another rider. Please contact us to learn more.
|Within 24 hr of purchase||Refundable||Fully Refundable|
|24 hr after purchase – Aug 31, 2022||Non-refundable, can roll over credit to 2023||Fully Refundable|
|Sep 1, 2022- onward||Non-refundable, cannot be rolled over||Non-Refundable|
Chaverim Cancellation and Rollover Policy:
Chaverim who cancel before September 30, 2022, can have their registration fee refunded less $300. After October 1, 2022, the entire fee is non-refundable.
Rider Rollover Policy:
Should the 2022 Israel Ride be postponed or canceled due to COVID, riders will be eligible for a 100% refund of the registration fee or full rollover of registration fee and fundraising to 2023.
If a rider cancels at least 60 days before the Ride (on or before August 31, 2022): The registration fee can be held as a credit towards registration for the 2023 Israel Ride. If the cost of registration rises for the next year’s Ride, the rider will be asked to pay the difference between the fee that they paid and the actual registration fee for the 2023 Israel Ride. Add-ons are fully refundable.
If a rider cancels within 60 days of the Ride (after September 1, 2022): The registration fee is non-refundable and cannot be rolled over. Add-ons are not refundable.