2019 Rider Fees and Fundraising
Riders pay a registration fee and commit to a minimum fundraising level, which must be raised by Dec. 31 of the Ride year. Riders will be responsible for any outstanding balance at the end of the year.
All costs listed are in USD. The registration fee does not count towards your fundraising as it is not tax-deductible.
|Oct 23, 2018 – Nov 7, 2018||$500||$3950 General Riders
$3600 Spouse of another rider / First timer to Israel
$3000 Under 35 riders / Israeli citizens primarily residing in Israel
|Nov 8, 2018 – Dec 31, 2018||$725|
|Jan 1, 2019 – April 30||$950|
|May 1 – July 30||$1100|
|August 1 – Sept 21||$1200|
Rider’s direct costs are covered by the registration fee and approximately 50% of the fundraising. This includes:
- double or triple occupancy accommodations each night
- three kosher meals a day
- water and snacks at rest stops on the route
- full ride support including lead riders, police and security, and medical personnel
- transportation of your luggage
- an Israel Ride jersey
- return travel to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem after the Ride
- education along the route from professional tour guides
2019 Chaverim: Touring/Non-Riding Program
|Oct 2017 – Apr 30, 2018||$2950|
|May 1 onward||$3100|
Chaverim pay a registration fee for this all-inclusive touring package for non-cyclists – includes all overnights with riders, all meals, personal tour guide, entrance fees, and transportation from Eilat to the center of Israel. See more details here.
Please note the following Rider cancellation policy for the 2019 Israel Ride:
|Through March||Refundable less $100||Fully Refundable|
|April – July||Non-refundable, can roll over to 2020||Fully Refundable|
|August – Sept||Non-refundable, cannot be rolled over||Fully Refundable|
|Oct||Non-refundable, cannot be rolled over||Non-refundable|
Regardless of when you cancel your participation, donations are non-refundable to the donor but can be reassigned to another rider.
If the fundraising minimums change from one year to the next, you will be responsible for raising the minimum amount noted for the year you participate in the program.
If you roll over your registration from 2019 to 2020, there is a $100 fee to re-enroll before December 31, 2019. If you re-enroll after Jan 1, 2020, there is a fee of $250.
Chaverim Cancellation Policy:
Chaverim who cancel will have their fee refunded less $300 through September 2019. After that, the fee is non-refundable but can be rolled over to the following year.
Bike fees, singles, guests, and trip add-ons can all be booked in the Forms Portal.
Each rider must either rent a bike or cover the costs of transporting your personal bicycle within Israel.
|Rental Bikes (limited sizes available)||$300 hybrid, $380 road bike|
|Bike storage and transportation on the Ride for those providing their own bikes
(including those already in Israel)
Add-ons and Additional Fees
|Single rooms New for 2019:
We have limited single rooms available.
They can be booked for the whole week for $1100 plus a required fundraising pledge of $4600
|$1100 for entire week
$350 for Shabbat
|Pre- and Post-Ride Tours||More Info|
|Shabbat Guests (prices subject to change)||$216 Friday night
$375 Friday & Saturday nights
Other costs you are responsible for include:
- tips for the ride crew who provide luggage transport and on-road support for the week ($50-$100 suggested)
- incidental costs incurred during hotel stays, including internet and alcoholic beverages
- purchase of Israel Ride merchandise as well as any shopping purchases during the Ride
Eligibility for the Ride
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Commit to meeting the minimum fundraising requirement.
- Be in good health. If you have a pre-existing condition, such as a pacemaker, we may require a doctor’s note. If you have any doubts about your health, please see a doctor before you begin your training.
- Riders must be at least 12 years old. Please note that this is a very strenuous physical undertaking and your child should be mentally and physically prepared. All Riders 12 – 17 years old will need to cycle and remain with their parent or guardian at all times.
- Chaverim must be at least 16 years old.
- If you are participating in a gap year program before attending college, you must have parental permission.
- Due to the nature of some of the hotels along the route, the ride is not 100% ADA compliant. If you have any maneuverability questions please contact us.