2021 Rider Fees and Fundraising
Should the 2021 Israel Ride be postponed or cancelled due to COVID, riders will be eligible for a 100% refund of registration fee or full rollover of registration fee and fundraising to 2022.
We are monitoring the ever changing public health situation. Rider safety continues to be our highest priority. We will likely make changes / additions to Israel Ride health and safety protocols, but it is too early to determine the exact nature of those changes. Following the CDC guidance and public health officials, we recommend that our riders get vaccinated.
- Riders pay a registration fee and commit to a minimum fundraising level (to be raised by Dec. 31 of the Ride year).
- Riders must raise at least $1900 by October 1, 2021, with any remaining balance by Dec. 31, 2021. (See below for total fundraising minimums)
- Riders will be responsible for any outstanding balance at the end of the year.
- All costs listed are in USD.
- The registration fee does not count towards your fundraising as it is not tax-deductible.
|Oct 25, 2020 – Nov 09, 2020||$550|
|Nov 10, 2020 – Jan 31, 2021||$650|
|Feb 01, 2021 – May 31, 2021||$800|
|Jun 1, 2021 – Close||$995|
|$3100||Under 35 riders / Israeli citizens primarily residing in Israel|
|$3700||Spouse of another rider / First timer to Israel|
Rider’s direct costs include:
- double or triple occupancy accommodations each night
- three kosher meals a day
- water and snacks at rest stops on the route
- full ride support including lead riders, police and security, and medical personnel
- transportation of your luggage
- an Israel Ride jersey
- return travel to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem after the Ride
- education along the route from professional tour guides
2021 Chaverim: Touring/Non-Riding Program
|Oct 25 – Apr 30||$3000|
|Jun 1 onward||$3300|
Chaverim pay a registration fee for this all-inclusive touring package for non-cyclists – includes all overnights with riders, all meals, personal tour guide, entrance fees, and transportation from Eilat to the center of Israel. Learn more.
Cancellation Policies and Additional Costs/Details
Please note the following Rider cancellation policy for the 2021 Israel Ride. Should the 2021 Israel Ride be postponed or cancelled due to COVID, riders will be eligible for a 100% refund of registration fee or full rollover of registration fee and fundraising to 2022.
|Through Aug||Refundable less $125
Can roll over registration fee to 2022.
|Sep – Oct||Non-refundable, can roll over to 2022.||50% Refundable|
|Oct onward||Non-refundable, cannot be rolled over||Non-Refundable|
Regardless of when you cancel your participation, donations are non-refundable to the donor but can be reassigned to another rider.
Chaverim Cancellation Policy:
Chaverim who cancel will have their fee refunded less $300 through Sep 2021. After that, the fee is non-refundable but can be rolled over to the following year.
Other costs you are responsible for include:
- Bike fees: Each rider must either rent a bike or cover the costs of transporting your personal bicycle within Israel:
- $110 for providing your own bicycle (covers transportation and storage throughout Ride, including transportation of your bike to/from the airport)
- Rentals: $300 for a Hybrid Bike; $380 for a Road Bike (rentals are owned by the Israel Ride, and only used for the annual Ride – they’re in great shape!)
- Tips for the ride crew who provide luggage transport and on-road support for the week ($50-$100 suggested)
- Incidental costs incurred during hotel stays, including internet and alcoholic beverages
- Purchase of Israel Ride merchandise as well as any shopping purchases during the Ride
Bike fees, room upgrades, Shabbat guests, and other trip add-ons can all be booked in our Forms Portal.
Eligibility for the Ride
Participants must meet the following criteria:
- Commit to meeting the minimum fundraising requirement (see above).
- Be in good health. If you have a pre-existing condition, such as a pacemaker, we may require a doctor’s note. If you have any doubts about your health, please see a doctor before you begin your training.
- Riders must be at least 12 years old. Please note that this is a very strenuous physical undertaking and your child should be mentally and physically prepared. All Riders under 18 years old must cycle and remain with their parent or guardian at all times.
- Chaverim (non-Riders) must be at least 16 years old.
- Due to the nature of some hotels along the route, the ride is not 100% ADA compliant. Questions? Contact us.