Riders pay a registration fee and commit to a minimum fundraising level, which must be raised by Dec. 31 of the Ride year.
All costs listed are in USD.
The registration fee does not count towards your fundraising as it is not tax-deductible.
2019 Rider Fees and Fundraising
|Oct 23, 2018 – Nov 7, 2018||$500||$3950 General riders
$3600 Spouse of another rider
$3600 First timer to Israel
$3000 Under 35 riders
$3000 Israeli citizens who primarily reside in Israel
|Nov 8, 2018 – Dec 31, 2018||$725|
|Jan 1, 2019 – April 30||$950|
|May 1 – July 30||$1100|
|August 1 – Sept 21||$1200|
Rider’s direct costs are covered by the registration fee and approximately 50% of fundraising. This includes:
- all hotel stays (mostly double occupancy with the occasional triple occupancy night)
- three full meals a day (all kosher)
- water and snacks at rest stops on the route
- full ride support including lead riders, police and security, medical personnel, accompanying vehicles
- transportation of your luggage
- an Israel Ride jersey
- domestic flight from Eilat to Tel Aviv area, or bus to Jerusalem
- educational components of the Ride include alumni of the Arava Institute, Hazon staff, and professional tour guides
Please note the following Rider cancellation policy for the 2019 Israel Ride:
|Through March||Refundable less $100||Fully Refundable|
|April – July||Non-refundable, can roll over to 2020||Fully Refundable|
|August – Sept||Non-refundable, cannot be rolled over||Fully Refundable|
|Oct||Non-refundable, cannot be rolled over||Non-refundable|
Regardless of when you cancel your participation, donations are non-refundable to the donor but can be reassigned to another rider.
If the fundraising minimums change from one year to the next, you will be responsible for raising the minimum amount noted for the year you participate in the program.
If you roll over your registration from 2019 to 2020, there is a $100 fee to re-enroll before December 31, 2019. If you re-enroll after Jan 1, 2020, there is a fee of $250.
2019 Chaverim: Touring/Non-Riding Program
Chaverim pay a registration fee for this all-inclusive touring package for non-cyclists – includes all overnights with riders, all meals, personal tour guide, entrance fees, and transportation from Eilat to the center of Israel. See more details here.
|Oct 2017 – Apr 30, 2018||$2950|
|May 1 onward||$3100|
Chaverim who cancel will have their fee refunded less $300 through September 2019. After that, the fee is non-refundable but can be rolled over to the following year.
2019 Add-ons and Additional Fees
Each rider must either rent a bike or cover the costs of transporting your personal bicycle within Israel.
|Rental Bikes (limited sizes available)||$300 hybrid, $380 road bike|
|Bike storage and transportation on the Ride for those providing their own bikes (including those already in Israel)||$110|
Additional Add-Ons: These can all be booked in the Forms Portal.
|Single rooms New for 2019:
We have limited single rooms available.
They can be booked for the whole week for $1100 plus a required fundraising pledge of $4600 or can be booked and over Shabbat for $350 (no pledge required).
|$1100 for entire week
$350 for Shabbat
|Pre-ride nights in Jerusalem (prices subject to change)||TBD|
|Post-ride nights in Eilat (prices subject to change)||TBD|
|Pre- and Post- Ride Trips||See here for more info|
|Daily Guests (prices subject to change)||TBD|
Other costs you are responsible for include:
- tips for the ride crew who provide luggage transport and on-road support for the week ($50-$100 suggested)
- incidental costs incurred during hotel stays, including internet and alcoholic beverages
- purchase of Israel Ride merchandise as well as any shopping purchases during the Ride