We will stay at different overnight locations throughout the Israel Ride. Please see below for more information on each type of accommodation to better prepare you for the trip.
Hotels and Kibbutz Guest Houses
We stay at standard-style hotels some nights of the Israel Ride. These hotels have varying amenities such as pools, wifi, elevators, and shops in the lobby. Other nights we stay at various Kibbutz guest houses. These are usually more spread out (motel-style), some with kitchenettes, some with shared bathrooms, but all very modern and comfortable.
- Tuesday, Oct 31: Ramat Rachel Hotel in Jerusalem
- Wednesday, Nov 1: Ashkelon Holiday Inn in Ashkelon
- Thursday, Nov 2: Riding groups split across Kibbutz Guest Houses in the northern Negev Desert
- Friday and Saturday, Nov 3-4: Pundak Ramon and the Ramon Suites
- Sunday, Nov 5: Riding groups split at southern Arava Kibbutz guest houses
- Monday, Nov 6: Isrotel Sport Club in Eilat
On Thursday night, riding groups will be split between multiple locations in different cities. This enables each group a chance to form a more cohesive unit and community, as well as have a route that caters to each group’s abilities. If in different riding groups, spouses and partners will stay in separate locations but can request a particular roommate for that evening.
On Sunday night, riding groups are overall divided between nearby different Kibbutz guest houses. Spouses/partners will not be in separate locations.
Friday and Saturday Hotels
Over Shabbat, on Friday and Saturday, we are split between two unique hotels in Mitzpe Ramon. These hotels, the Pundak Ramon and the Ramon Suites, used to be apartment buildings before being renovated as modern hotels. It is important to note that a few apartment-style features remain in both hotels:
- Neither hotel has elevators. All guests must climb at least one short flight of stairs to reach their rooms. If you need to be on a lower-level floor for medical reasons only, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition to standard hotel rooms, some riders will be rooming in suites. Each suite has two or three bedrooms (each with either a double bed or two twin beds), a shared bathroom, a common seating area, and a kitchenette. Please note that you (and your roommate if you have one) will share a bathroom and common areas with the other participant(s) housed in your suite. Spouses and partners will be booked in standard hotel rooms.
Porters and Moving Luggage
Some of our accommodations have porters who will move your luggage to your room for you in the afternoon, but in most cases please be prepared to either wheel your luggage for a few minutes, and/or bring your luggage up at least one flight of stairs. For more guidance, please see our Luggage and Packing page.