We will stay at different overnight locations throughout the Israel Ride. Please see below for more information to better prepare you for the trip.
Hotels and Kibbutz Guest Houses
We stay at standard-style hotels some nights of the Israel Ride. These hotels have varying amenities such as pools, wifi, elevators, and shops in the lobby. Other nights we stay at various Kibbutz guesthouses. These are usually more spread out (motel-style), some with kitchenettes, some with shared bathrooms, but all very modern and comfortable.
- Tuesday, Nov 5: Royal Jerusalem, Prima Park, and Jerusalem Gardens (all in Jerusalem)
- Wednesday, Nov 6: Harlington Hotel in Ashkelon
- Thursday, Nov 7: Split by group across three Kibbutz Guest Houses in the northern Negev Desert
- Friday and Saturday, Nov 8-9: Pundak Ramon and the Ramon Suites in Mitzpe Ramon
- Sunday, Nov 10: split among various southern Arava Kibbutz guest houses
- Monday, Nov 11: Isrotel Sport Club and Isrotel Royal Garden in Eilat
On Thursday night, riding groups will be split between multiple locations in different cities. This enables each group a chance to form a more cohesive unit and community, as well as have a route that caters to each group’s abilities. If in different riding groups, spouses and partners will stay in separate locations but can request a particular roommate for that evening.
On Sunday night, riding groups are overall divided between nearby different Kibbutz guesthouses. Spouses/partners will not be in separate locations.
All food served on the Israel Ride is kosher. For further questions regarding kashrut please contact our staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday and Saturday Hotels
Over Shabbat, on Friday and Saturday, we are split between two unique hotels in Mitzpe Ramon. These hotels, the Pundak Ramon and the Ramon Suites, used to be apartment buildings before being renovated as modern hotels. It is important to note that a few apartment-style features remain in both hotels:
- Neither hotel has elevators. All guests must climb at least one short flight of stairs to reach their rooms. If you need to be on a lower-level floor for medical reasons only, please contact email@example.com.
- In addition to standard hotel rooms, some riders will be rooming in suites. Each suite has two or three bedrooms (each with either a double bed or two twin beds), a shared bathroom, a common seating area, and a kitchenette. Please note that you (and your roommate if you have one) will share a bathroom and common areas with the other participant(s) housed in your suite. Spouses and partners will be booked in standard hotel rooms.
Standard occupancy on the Israel Ride is two to a room, and occasionally three when there are large suites available.
New for the 2019 Israel Ride, a limited number of single rooms are available for the full week for an additional cost of $1100 plus a pledge to raise $4600 in fundraising.
Chaverim can upgrade to single rooms for the full week at $1500, no fundraising component attached.
Single rooms are available just for Friday and Saturday nights over Shabbat for an upgrade fee of $350.
You are encouraged to come early to Israel or extend your stay after the Ride. As the Israel Ride occurs during a peak travel season to Israel, finding hotel rooms at the last minute may be difficult. You can book hotel extensions through the Forms Portal.
Pre-Ride Nights In Jerusalem
The Ride officially starts on Tuesday, November 5 at noon. Tuesday evening is the first hotel stay covered by your registration fee.
Post-Ride Nights in Eilat
Our final day of riding is Monday, November 11, which is followed by a closing dinner and Monday night hotel stay.
Note, if you are traveling to Jordan for the two-day trip and then wish to return to our hotel for Wednesday, the hotel can store some of your luggage while you are in Jordan.
Please note that we have a full-week non-riding option, called the Chaverim (“friends”). Visit the itinerary page for details.
DUE TO CAPACITY IN 2019, GUESTS ARE WELCOME ONLY OVER SHABBAT.
We welcome guests to join Riders over our relaxing Shabbat in Mitzpe Ramon. Guest bookings Friday dinner, all meals on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. Guests are encouraged to join for all activities over Shabbat. Guests will be booked in the room with the participant they are visiting.
Guests must arrange and provide their own transportation; we do not provide transportation for guests, and guests are not allowed in staff or crew cars due to liability.
You can book Guest rooms in the Forms Portal.