Where your Money Goes & What it Supports
Thank you for considering a donation to the Israel Ride.
This week-long journey brings riders on a route spanning up to 350 miles throughout Israel. It offers participants an awe-inspiring view of its incredible landscape and culture, but more importantly, it is the central fundraiser for two organizations focused on creating solutions to global environmental challenges. Your donation supports more than a single rider’s experience; it funds Israeli, Palestinian and Jordanian students who study at the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies and Hazon’s educational programs that connect environmental issues to Jewish tradition. To find out more about these two organizations and what your donation supports please read below!
Top 8 Reasons to Support the Arava Institute and Hazon
- The Arava Institute exists to ensure that environmental challenges provide a catalyst for dialogue, cooperation, and trust rather than violence and conflict.
- The Arava Institute is a specialized academic institution that equips the next generation of environmental leaders from Israel, Palestine, Jordan, and around the world, with the skills necessary to cooperatively solve the pressing environmental challenges of the region and the world.
- Over 1200 Arava Institute alumni are employing their enhanced interdisciplinary knowledge and entrepreneurial skill set to cooperatively address the escalating global crisis of resource scarcity.
- Arava Institute faculty and their research centers are creating innovative solutions to some of the world’s most urgent environmental issues, including water scarcity and desertification.
- Hazon, Hebrew for vision, is making a real and tangible impact in creating healthier and more sustainable Jewish communities and a healthier and more sustainable world for all.
- Hazon is the leading organization in the burgeoning field of Jewish Outdoor, Food, and Environmental Education (JOFEE), opening a huge and powerful portal for Jewish engagement.
- Hazon works in local communities and institutions to create greening initiatives, collaborate on educational programming, and bring sustainability efforts to new audiences.
- Hazon engages people in a vibrant approach to Jewish tradition that is passionate, joyful, socially progressive, inclusive, and spiritual.
ALL DONATIONS WILL BE PROCESSED IN USD.
To donate online by credit card: search our participant list and click on the person you would like to support. This will take you to their personal secure donation page, where you can donate using Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, or Discover. You will receive an email receipt of your donation. For gifts over $180 you will receive a paper letter and receipt in the mail.
To donate by check: checks should be made out to Friends of the Arava Institute and mailed to the person you are supporting. The participant will enter the check into his or her personal donation page and send the checks to the Friends of Arava office along with our Offline Donation Form. Once the office has received your check, you will receive a receipt of your donation.
Friends of the Arava Institute
1320 Centre Street, Suite 206
Newton Centre, MA 02459
To make a matching gift: Maximize your Israel Ride contribution by doubling your gift through your employer’s matching program. Consult your company for details on matching program availability. Please use the following information to ensure your match is verified: EIN#: 11-3485736
To donate stock: People can donate stock to the Israel Ride. If you are interested in a direct stock transfer, please contact Rachel Durning, Communications and Development Associate at the Friends of the Arava Institute.
To make a general or team donation: If you wish to make a general gift to the Israel Ride or support a team, please contact Rachel Durning.
If you are donating to Team JNF: Please follow all the instructions above. The Friends of the Arava Institute ensures your gift will flow through the Jewish National Fund. For more information on Team JNF please click here.
All donations flow through the Friends of the Arava Institute, a US registered charity. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. You will receive an email to serve as a receipt, although you can also use a canceled check or credit card transaction confirmation. Donors giving $180 or more will also receive an acknowledgment from the Friends of the Arava Institute. Please note that donations are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If you have any questions about making a donation, please contact Rachel Durning at email@example.com.