- This event has passed.
Tribe Ride: Bike the Bay
June 11, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Enjoy a day of beach riding with the Hazon People of the Bike!
The People of the Bike are bringing together the NJ and NY Jewish cycling communities with this incredibly beautiful beach ride. All riders will begin at Hazlet Train Station and continue along the water to Sandy Hook, where we will enjoy lunch on the beach. From there, riders have the choice to ride back to Hazlet Train Station, take the Ferry into NYC, or ride through Sea Bright and Rumson to the Red Bank Train Station.
Date: June 11th
Location: Sandy Hook Bay
Route: 20, 32, or 40 miles
Cost: $10, free for those already registered for the 2017 NY Ride or Israel Ride
Coming From NJ or NYC by car:
- Group 1 (10-12 mph) – Meet at Hazlet Station at 10:15 AM
- Group 2 (13-15 mph) – Meet at Hazlet Station at 11:15 AM
Coming from NYC by train:
Transportation to Hazlet Train Station
We’ll meet at Penn Station at by the elevators on the upper level of the NJ Transit section. Use the 7th Ave and 31st street entrance to Penn Station.
- Group 1 (10-12 mph) – Meet at NY Penn Station at 8:45 AM (train departs 9:07 AM, arrives at Hazlet Station at 10:15 AM)
- Group 2 (13-15 mph) – Meet at NY Penn Station at 9:45 AM (train departs at 10:07 AM, arrives at Hazlet Station at 11:17 AM)
Transportation to NYC
- 3:26 PM or 4:28 PM train departing from Hazlet Station
- 3:14 PM or 4:16 PM train departing from Red bank Station
- 3:45 PM Ferry departing from Sandy Hook – $27 one-way + $5 bike fee
*note that this is the first available ferry to NYC of the day*
Tickets cost $15 one-way. Bike permits are not required for NJ Transit.
This ride is a part of our Tribe Ride series in partnership with the Israel Ride, and open to all cyclists. Ride leaders will be there to guide you. Participants are kindly requested to bring their own water and snacks. All riders are required to wear a helmet.
Routes will be available to upload directly to your GPS device from RidewithGPS soon.
Distance = 40 miles
Elevation = +330 ft
Ride out and back from the Hazlet Train Station to Sandy Hook Bay.
Distance = 32 miles
Elevation = +330 ft
Ride from Hazlet Train Station to Sandy Hook Bay. Post-lunch, ride through Sea Bright and Rumson to Red Bank Train Station.
Distance = 20 miles
Ride from Hazlet Train Station to Sandy Hook Bay. Post-lunch, take the Sandy Hook Ferry back to NYC.